UCLQ Quantum Technologies Summer School
Aimed at undergraduates with a background in engineering and computer science (but also open to those studying Natural Sciences), the summer school will provide a comprehensive introduction to the exciting field of Quantum Technologies, including quantum computing and quantum communication.
For a week in early July students will have the opportunity to attend lectures from leading experts, including:
- Fundamentals of quantum mechanics
- Quantum computing and qubits
- Quantum algorithms and quantum computing architectures
- Quantum cryptography and quantum communication
- Key technology platforms for quantum computers
Students will also have the chance to work hands-on in quantum technologies, including fabricating nanoscale devices and programming current-generation quantum processors. Additionally, students will be able to meet with UCLQ staff and students and have the opportunity to take part in smaller tutorials in quantum information and quantum technologies.
Dates and Fees
- Dates: Monday 4 - Friday 8 July 2022
- Location: UCL Bloomsbury Campus, London, UK
- Course and accommodation fees will be fully covered by a grant from EPSRC
- Travel: Students will have to cover any travel expenses, but to make the school as inclusive as possible there is also a small travel bursary available.
This year our summer school will be held in-person and on-site! However, the University may still have in place public health measures due to the ongoing covid-19 pandemic.
How to apply
Applications for 2022 entry are now open!
Deadline: 23:59 (BST) Sunday 1 May 2022.
The application process is simple. All applicants need to complete an application form and include this with a copy of their CV and a short personal statement (one side of A4) detailing their motivation for attending our summer school.